Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wedding Cards using the Sizzix Big Shot and Stampin' Up embossing folders

Hi there My Stamping Friends,  Today I'm going to share two Stampin' Up! wedding cards that I made for two friends who found out they were attending the same wedding last weekend.

The first idea came pretty easily as I have seen similiar cards swapped at lots of Stampin' Up! events that I've attended and I've seen similiar cards posted on Stampin' Connection (which is a Stampin' Up! demo-only  web forum ~ let me know if you want to join my Stampin' Up! team and we can chat about how you can get access to Stampin' Connection and so much more!). My card was inspired by a fellow Stampin' Up! demo, Stephanie Sullivan. I just changed it up a bit to fit my/the betrothed's needs.

For this card I used basic black and whisper white cardstock for the base and layer. I used the full heart punch for the tuxedos, the Big Shot with the perfect polka dots embossing folder for the background, the modern label punch and the word window punch and Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment. I made the tuxedos stand out by using a layer of brushed silver cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit die. Too cute! The left side is finished off with some 5/8th inch whisper white organza ribbon.


The second card was sooooo much fun to make. I had an idea that I was going to make a wedding cake card and when I ran that idea by my friend Michelle (who was attending the wedding) she mentioned that the friend getting married was actually a professional cake maker (I guess we both are now, tee hee hee). When the stars align like that you just can't go wrong. So here is the card that I made for her to give the newlyweds. 


For this card I used the Big Shot with the Petals-A-Plenty , Perfect Polka Dots, and Elegant Bouquet embossing folders to make the cake layers. I used the Scallop Trim Border punch for the red decorative icing, the small heart punch for the decorations on each layer and for the tuxedos. I used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment and the Sweetheart stamp set for the arch on the cake and as a design on the envelope.

To the Newlyweds: T & M, Congratulations on your wedding. I hope you have a long, wonderful, joyous life together and I hope all your dreams come true!

For all My Stamping Friends: I hope you all enjoyed the cards and find some of your own inspiration in them. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the cards.

Rose-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment