Monday, May 7, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms and Itty Bitty Banners by Stampin' Up!

I was so, so, so stinkin' excited to get my box of sneak peek goodies that I ordered from Stampin' Up! this week (an awesome benefit of being a demonstrator is that we get to order products one month before they are available to the public).I wish I could show you photos of all the products in my box of goodies, but at this point, I'm only allowed to show projects, not products.

I finally got a few minutes to stamp and play around for a bit on Sunday and here is what I came up with.

I had several frames that I picked up at a craft store years ago, sitting on my desk (honestly, they were waiting to go in the donation box) and as soon as I saw this wonderfully colorful Designer Series Paper from from the Floral District pack, I knew I had to alter the frame. I cut the
DSP to fit around the frame and cut a center hole, attached the DSP to the frame with sticky strip and sanded the edges. I inked the Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin' Up's new Itty Bitty Banners stamp set, in Tangerine Tango and stamped it on whisper white cardstock. Next I used my Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the triple flower stamp from the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set. I added some pearls in the center of the flowers and that completed the frame insert. I wanted to give a little dimension to the front of the frame so I made a bow with the baja breeze seam binding and made a second bow with the brand new 1/4 inch stitched grosgrain in daffodil delight and I attached them both to the top left corner of the frame using glue dots.  Now when I give this away, my friend can keep the Happy Birthday sentiment in the frame or swap it out for a fun photo of her choice. Such an easy, thoughtful, personalized gift. And the best part about this is you can copy this technique with pretty much any wood frame and the designer series paper of your choice.... so you can coordinate with room decor or with the photo that you want to put in the frame.

I hope you like my Betsy's Blossoms and Itty Bitty Banners frame. Have a great Stampin' day.

For this project I used:
Stampin' Up! Floral District Designer Series Paper
Stampin' Up! Sanding Block
Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock
Stampin' Up! Sticky Strip
Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Banners stamp set
Stampin' Up! Betsy's Blossoms stamp set
Stampin' Up! Assorted Stampin' Up! markers
Stampin' Up! Basic Pearls
Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze Seam Binding
Stampin' Up! 1/4 inch stitched grosgrain Daffodil Delight ribbon
Stampin' Up! Glue Dots

The colors in the Floral District Designer Series Paper pack are: Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzzleberry, Rose Red, Tangering Tango and Whisper White.

Rose-Ellen

P.S. The new catalog comes out on June 1st so that means a) the list of discounted retiring items is available here and b) if you want a copy of the new catalog available for you to pick up at my Open House in the beginning of June just send me a quick email and I'll make sure I have one available for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment