Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stampin' Up! Day of Gratitude and Big Shot Die Leaves #2

Hi there My Stamping Friends, I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing day. Its raining here and if you learn anything about me, it's that I love the rain ....and I love my Stampin' Up! Big Shot! Two things on the same day makes for a very happy stamper.

Today I'm going to share two projects with you. The first is a card that I saw on Stampin' Connection (a site for Stampin' Up! demonstrators to chat about Stampin' Up! and to ooh and aah at everyone elses photos and be amazed at some of the creativity out there in the world) and I had to CASE it. I can't remember who made the card or I would thank them. If it was you, let me know and I'll add in a shout out to you.

For the card I made a mask using the Oval Scallop Frame die and my Big Shot. I sponged
More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie ink onto Whisper White cardstock, in a circular motion inside the mask. I then used Riding Hood Red ink to stamp the sentiment that I got from the Stampin' Up! Day of Gratitude stamp set. I then used my beloved Big Shot and the Leaves #2 die to cut three leaves from Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red and Old Olive cardstock. After I cut the leaves I placed them on my Spider Web Embossing Folder to give the illusion of veins in the leaves. I used snail to stick the leaves to the Whisper White layer and had a simple card with lots of WOW.

The second project I'm going to share is a card box I created at the request of one of my wonderful Stamping Friends that wanted to make sets of cards and give them as gifts. I liked the idea of having a one-piece box (so I couldn't lose the top) and that is where I started.

I cut a piece of Crumb Cake 12x12 cardstock down to 12x8. I scored the 12 inch side at 1, 5-1/2, 6-1/2 and 11 inches. I then turned the card stock and scored the 8 inch side at 1 and 7 inches (to have a 1 inch border around the whole box).  I then stamped with leaves from Stampin' Up!'s Autumn Splendor stamp set in Crumb Cake ink all over the outside of the box. I folded all the score marks and used the Extra-Large Oval Punch to cut a little finger hold on the top/front of the box. Here are where the tips start:
  • I cut the notches on certain score lines (follow the photo below)
  • Make sure to cut a very tiny triangle, not just a slit on the score lines.
  • I cut the top and bottom flaps of the front of the box, differently so that there wouldn't be too much card stock bulk when trying to close the box.
  • I adhered the bottom of the box to create the 'box' for the cards and envelopes to sit in, then I adhered the flaps of the box top to go around the bottom. (Check out the photo below).
  • I paid attention when I was adhering the sides of the box so that I made the bottom a little smaller and the top a little wider so it would go over the bottom of the box when I tried to close it. I hope that made sense, but if it didn't just leave me a comment or e-mail me a question and I'll answer it right away.


Next, I made the band that goes around the box to hold it closed. To do this I used a 12x1 inch strip and a 12x6 inch strip. I scored the 12x1 inch strip at 2-1/8, 3-1/8, 9-1/4 and 10-1/4. I wrapped the band around the box making sure the long center piece is at the bottom of the box. Then I attached the 1x6 inch strip to the inside of the two small strips to give the illusion of one long band around the box and I sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink. You'll be able to see the edges on the top of the band, but you'll cover them up with decorations. Next I ran Soft Suede cardstock through the Big Shot with the Leaves #2 die and then ran those leaves through the Spider Web Embossing Folder to give the illusion of veins. After sponging them with Soft Suede Ink for some interesting dimension, I attached them to the band to cover the edges of the 12x1 inch strip. I punched a 2-3/8th inch scallop circle and a 1-3/4th circle from Crumb Cake cardstock and sponged them with Soft Suede ink. I stamped Give Thanks from the Stampin' Up! Hand-Penned Holidays stamp set in Pumpkin Pie ink onto whisper White cardstock and used my Extra-Large Oval punch to punch out just the word 'Thanks'. I attached the 'Thanks' to the circle and then used dimensionals to attach the circle to the scallop circle and I attached the whole thing to the center of the band and I was finished.

Hope you like the Thanksgiving projects I shared today. Here is a sneak peek of tomorrow's blog post.

If you haven't heard the news, I'm hosting another Scrapbooking and Card Making event to benefit the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department in Dunn Loring VA (very close to Tysons Corner). It is scheduled for Friday, December 9th and Saturday, December 10th and we'd love to have you join us. You can bring your own scrapbooking or card making supplies and craft the night away, or you can swing in for a few hours and take one of the classes that I'm offering, OR you can do both! If you want more information visit the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire Department's website or contact me and I can get you the flyer and registration form via e-mail. You can also friend the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire Department and me (Stampin' Up! with Rose-Ellen) on Facebook, check out the invitation to the event or follow me on Twitter @REEastman . The more people that hear about us the larger the group we have and that means more money for the fire department.
Have a wonderful day!
Rose-Ellen

For today's projects I used:
Whisper White cardstock #100730
Old Olive cardstock #100702
Riding Hood Red cardstock #111348
Pumpkin Pie cardstock #105117
Crumb Cake 12x12 cardstock #124274
Soft Suede cardstock #115318

More Mustard ink #100946
Pumpkin Pie ink #105216
Riding Hood Red #111836
Crumb Cake ink #121030
Soft Suede ink #115657
Big Shot #113439

Leaves #2 die #113459
Spider Web Embossing Folder #120889
Day Of Gratitude #120835w or #121148c
Stampin' Up! Hand-Penned Holidays #
124310w or #124312c
Simply Scored scoring tool #122334
1-3/4 circle punch #119850
2-3/8th scallop circle punch #118874
Extra Large Oval punch #119859
Sponges #101610

No comments:

Post a Comment