Sunday, January 23, 2011

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Stampin' Up! Petal Cone Die for the BigShot

Hi there My Stamping Friends, I can't believe its been a week since I last posted. I was in Nashville, TN for the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference and our few days were jam-packed with things to do from 7:30am until 10pm. I had a fabulous time, as always, and will tell you all about that in some of my upcoming posts.

Today's post is going to be about Stampin' Up!'s Petal Cone die for the Big Shot. I can't tell you how much I LOVE this die. I was planning on demonstrating this die at my friend Robin Merriman's team meeting on Saturday so I sat down to play with it on Friday in order to have some samples to pass around (Thanks for having me demonstrate Robin, it was a blast!!). The first thing I was planning on making was a carrot (I was sitting with my friend Selene at Leadership during the petal cone presentation and noticed that it looked just like a carrot-can't wait till Easter now) but before I made a carrot (which I ended up not even doing) I searched the internet to see what some amazingly talented stampers did with this die. Then once I had all these ideas/options in my head I sat down to see what I could do. So, here is one large thank you to everyone that posts thier creative ideas on the web. I hope someone gets inspired by what I post as well. Enjoy!

This is my version of what we saw presented at General Session during Leadership 2011. I used the new Glitter Paper and added the Kisses Tag to make it look like a Hershey Kiss. If we had silver glitter paper you KNOW I would have used that.

Here are wo different candy dishes made with DSP. They were so simple to make and can be made to coordinate with any party decor! Love it!


Here is a traditional cone made with Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip cardstock and stamped with the Eat Chocolate stamp set.


This traditional cone was made with DSP. I used the XOXO stamp set to decorate the tissue paper to coordiante with the theme. Since I stamped Hugs and Kisses, I filled it withe Hershey's Hugs and Kisses.


This is just an idea for an ice cream cone shape that can be used as a birthday party or ice cream party invitation or thank you note.


This is what the inside of the ice cream note looks like. Let me know if you want more detilas or more photos. It was really easy to put together.

This next one is my favorite and was a hit at Robin's team meeting. I cut the petal cone and attached it together in the back. I cut the tab off the front side and used it as a card that opens in the center. The problem was that I couldn't get the card to stay 'closed' soooooo....I used the full heart punch to punch out two hearts. I attached one to the left front side of the card and the attached the other heart to the inside of the card leaving a little slot for the right side of the card to slide into (did that make sense?).


Here is a photo of the Basic Gray heart closure in case I didn't explain that well enough.  


Here is a photo of the inside. I spritzed it with 3 different colors in homage to Shelli Gardner, the owner and co-founder of Stampin' Up! She loves the vintage look.


I hope you enjoyed the samples I made (I love to read the comments you leave so feel free). I had a ton of fun making them. Tomorrow I'll post about some of the fun things we did at Leadership2011 in Nashville last week.

Rose-Ellen

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rose-Ellen - I haven't ordered it yet because I was wondering how different it was from the five-point star die but the "petals" make it! It will be on my list!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you love it as much as I do. It's very versatile! Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete