Monday, November 29, 2010

In like a lion.....

Hi there My Stamping Friends,

For me it seems like the Holiday season 'comes in like a lion'. I'm not really sure where summer went and now we're already past Thanskgiving and we're gearing up for Christmas. WOW!!!

Well, December for me means making LOTS of Christmas Cards. I've been making a few at a time for the last several months but I still have a bunch more to go. This is a card that I created after seeing so many different versions on Stampin' Connection (which is sort of a version of FaceBook for Stampin' Up! demonstrators~and you can have access within moments if you purchase the $300+ kit on sale now for less than $88). Thanks to all my fellow demonstrators for the inspiration.



The base of this card is cherry cobbler. I used the Big Shot to cut out a top note die from confetti cream cardstock. The tree branches were made using Lovely as a Tree with old olive ink and the sentiment was stamped in cherry cobbler using Four The Holidays. The strip of DSP and the ornament was punched from papers from the Jolly Holiday pack. I used the silver tinsel as an ornament hook and wrapped one end around the ornament and put the other end through the top note die so it looks like its hanging on a branch. It might looke like a complicated card but it wasn't at all.

If you want to purchase any of the items needed to make this card you can visit my website at http://www.roseelleneastman.stampinup.net/ or you can email or call me.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card!

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog and following me! I am now following you!! From the SC thread.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card you should post more.I am now following you from SC. Come by my blog and say Hi. www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

    also check out my Challenge Blog www.fridaymashup.blogspot.com

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin #312

    ReplyDelete