This is really happening and I'm beyond excited about a day with My Stamping Friends. Spread the word, bring a friend and join us for a fun-filled day. Check out the details below or click here to find the Facebook event invitation. https://www.facebook.com/events/948484471900582/
Registration forms will be posted late on Thursday night (2/25/16) so you can register starting Friday morning (2/26/16).
You’re invited to join us for the FOURTH
‘My Stamping Friends’ Regional Gathering
WAHOO!! It’s time for the next Regional Gathering in Northern Virginia and
I’m super excited to announce all the details.
What: My Stamping Friends Northern Virginia Regional Gathering #NoVaStampingFriends
Where: The Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department in Dunn Loring, Virginia
When: Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 9am to 3pm
Who: Registration is opening to everyone on Friday, February 26, 2016
Why: I want to share what I love with YOU, My Stamping Friends.
Event: This is a ‘Stampin’ Up! Style’ Regional Event. We are planning lots of fun things for everyone, including Main Stage demonstrations with products from the Occasions Catalog and the Annual Catalog, WOW Projects, fresh ideas, product tips and tricks, Make and Takes, time for swapping cards and sample ideas, catching up with friends, display boards and a few surprises. You won't want to miss this gathering. Make sure you bring your notebook, a pen and your camera so you can remember all the fun things we are going to share.
Location: We will be meeting in the Community Hall of the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department located at 2148 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring, VA 22043
Parking: There is plenty of free parking behind the fire station. Enter through the large double doors in the rear of the building.
8:15 am – Doors Open, Check-In, Name Tag & Welcome Bag pick up begins. Pick your seat, mingle & swap cards (general swaps or organized swaps-see below)
9:00 am – Event begins so grab your seats
12:00 noon– (approximate time) Lunch is included in your registration fee and lunch choices will be available on your registration form.
3:00 pm– (approximate time) The program ends, so now is the time to finish taking photos around the room, gather your things and say good-bye (sniffle, sniffle)
3:30 pm – the doors close and lock for clean up time
The doors will open at 8:15am and this is the perfect time for swapping. This is an opportunity to meet new people, chat with other attendees and get some wonderful samples to take back home. You are welcome to do general swapping or organized swapping. If you are going to organize a swap and would like me to publish the info for the rest of the group, just let me know. Please remember the main rule of swapping which is to only use current Stampin’ Up! products on your swap.
REGISTRATION OPENS to all Stamping Friends on Friday, February 26, 2016 the registration form will be available online. I will post the link before registration opens.
If you have problems accessing the registration form, please email StampingWithRose-Ellen@cox.net and I can help you.
REGISTRATION CLOSES for everyone on Sunday, March 27, 2016 or when the event is full, so get your registration forms to me by the end of the day on March 27, 2016.
If registration fills up I will start a waiting list. If more seats become available or if someone is interested in transferring their ticket I can contact the people on the waiting list to see if they are still interested in attending.
When the doors open you will be able to pick up your name tag and goodie bag and there will be a basket at the check in desk for you to drop in your donated card for the card contest (more info on the card contest below) and for the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Share the Fun:
We love to Share The Fun and we hope you will to. Grab your team, your friends, family and your stamping friends and bring them along for the fun. You can share with them in several ways, and you can SHARE IT NOW.
· From the Facebook Event Page click on INVITE under the top photo and type in your Facebook Friends name and click the button to invite them.
· Feel Free to copy the link to this blog post and email the link to your friends and encourage them to join you.
· If your friends aren’t on Facebook you can download the registration form and email it to them and encourage them to join you.
· When you’re posting anything about this event on your social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Blogs, etc) include the following hashtag #NoVaStampingFriends to spread the word and get friends to start a conversation about the event. You can use this when you’re posting a comment on your page, a caption on each of your photos that you post - including photos of the cards you’re bringing to swap or for the display boards. There is also going to be a group photo album on Facebook where you can upload your photos and see the event photos that other people upload.
Card Contest and Display Boards:
We are going to have a card contest with several winners. If you want to enter the card contest and show off your work, please bring in some full size cards in a clear envelope with your name and contact information on a post it note. Please do not put your personal information on the cards as they will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. You can drop your submissions in the basket on the registration desk at the front door. They will be hung on the display boards for everyone to admire and photograph. At the end of the day the winners will be announced and prizes will be given. The cards on the display boards could be used for displays at future events and will get donated to the Ronald McDonald House.
The registration form will have all the information about lunch. Attendees will have lunch options available to choose from when they register. There will be water and lemonade available to attendees and there are soda vending machines on site.
What to Bring:
· A notebook and pen
· A camera for photos of main stage presentations, display boards, photos with your friends, etc. You KNOW you’ll want to post photos of this event. And don’t forget to caption them with #NoVaStampingFriends
· Bring snail and scissors for your Make and Takes, we’ll provide everything else.
· Bring some card samples for the display board
· Bring your swap cards (optional)
· Please remember to label everything you bring so your items won’t get misplaced.
· We cannot really control the temperature in the venue so please dress in layers for your own comfort level
Miscellaneous Event Notes:
· You must be 18 to attend.
· You must be present to collect any prizes.
· Still photos are encouraged but taking videos is prohibited.
What does Registration include?
· Attendance at the event
· A welcome bag with surprise goodies
· Main Stage presentations by guest demonstrators
· Clean and Simple to WOW projects
· Business ideas
· Products Tips & Tricks
· Opportunity for swapping
· Display Boards for inspiration
· Projects using supplies from the new Occasions Catalog as well from the Annual Catalog.
· Make & Takes and of course some
· FUN, FUN, FUN
February 26, 2016-REGISTRATION OPENS for everyone for $65 (plus $2 if paying by Paypal)
March 27, 2016 - or when event is full REGISTRATION CLOSES so get your registration form and payment to me ASAP and definitely by the end of the day.
If paying via Paypal please include $2 to cover the fee. If you want to mail a check, please contact me for the mailing address.
There are several hotels in the Tysons Corner area if you were interested in spending Friday night or Saturday night to extend the fun.
You can also check out these things to do in the area:
Feel free to share the info and spread the word. Can't wait to see you all.