Friday, October 18, 2013

Flashback Friday- Halloween Scrapbook page using Creepy Crawly DSP from Stampin' Up!

Good Spooky Evening My Stamping Friends,  I'm dropping in today to share something I dug up from the vault, my retired Halloween designer series paper from Stampin' Up! called Creepy Crawly....get it...retired paper and retired ribbons....that's why I'm calling it a Flashback Friday post. I sure wish we had more of that paper because I loved it.

Halloween Scrapbook page 1 using Creepy Crawly
Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!

Halloween Scrapbook page 2 using Creepy Crawly
Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!

Anyway, this Wednesday was the start of the Scrapbooking Club that I teach at my local middle school. It is so much fun to share what I love with these kids, teachers and future stumpers.  In this class we made an 8x8 two page spread. We started with a Lavender Lace background page and added some flags made from all the different designs in the Creepy Crawly DSP. Of course I taught them to cut the bottom of the flag with a square punch to get the triangle just right, or our postage stamp punch for more texture. Once we stuck them down with our snail, we used sticky strip to attach some 5/8th old olive ribbon to cover up the edges.  We then got to use one of the best Halloween pages ever (the one with all the spooky sentiments) to create a title. There are lots of options for sentiments so each of the kids choose a different one, or two, depending on what they liked. I stuck with a good old Trick-Or-Treat sentiment for my page.

After the sentiments I showed the ghouls ...I mean girls ...(and boy!) ...how to make a bat with the butterfly punch. I even brought more than one size butterfly punch so they could choose which size bat they wanted.  The kids had so much fun making these pages and I know they are looking forward to next week as much as I am.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a WOW presentation at a local team meeting (I'm super excited about that) but when I'm done I'm going back to Halloween projects. Next I'm going to start working on Halloween treat for my ghouls ...I mean girls....classmates. What projects do you work on for Halloween? Leave me a comment on my blog and let me know and you might just win a Halloween Treat from me.

Spooky Stamping Wishes ~
Rose-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment