Monday, March 4, 2013

My Thinking of You stamp from Stampin' Up! came in handy today...

Good Monday afternoon My Stamping Friends, Today I'm sharing a card that I made this morning in my brand new-to-me crafting space. It was sooooo great to sit down at my desk again and be able to have everything I need want at my fingertips. I'm still waiting for just the right file cabinet to appear and I need to get a curtain to contain my mess conceal the storage under my workdesk, and get some more cork boards to display card samples, a few other minor things but I'm feeling like its done and that makes me so happy.

Anyway, this morning I made this lovely card for a friend and dropped it in the mail.  Hopefully she'll get it tomorrow and it will brighten her day.  It was my RAC (Random Act of Cards) for someone that I think needed a little lift today. Have you heard of RAC yet? Basically, you hand deliver or mail out cards randomly to brighten someones day. Its a great way to spread a little cheer by using your cards.
Thinking of You card using Just Thinking, Sycamore Street DSP
and Window Frames framelits from Stampin' Up!

For this card I used Rich Razzleberry #115316 for the base and some of the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper #127540 (which I got for FREE during Sale-A-Bration just for ordering $50 in merchandise) for the front layer. I then inked up the Just Thinking single stamp #129940 and stamped on whisper white cardstock #100730 and cut out the image on my Big Shot #113439 using the Window Frames Collection framelits #129021. I added a ribbon and bow made with the whipsper white organza ribbon #114319. I attached the Just Thinking sentiment to the front layer with dimensionals #104430 and the front of the card was finished.  Sorry for the color variances in the two photos of the card. It was a real pain to take a photo of the inside of the card for some resason.

Inside of the Thinking of You card using Just Thinking, Sycamore Street DSP
and Window Frames framelits from Stampin' Up!

For the inside, I started with a layer of whisper white card stock and used my Rich Razzleberry marker #120970 to ink up just one part of the Just Thinking stamp #129940 and stamped that on the bottom left of the inside of the card. Then I added a small piece of the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper #127540 to finish it off. I think it turned out well and I really think she is going to appreciate the card.

Have a great day and make sure to tune in tomorrow for photos of my new stamping space. I can't wait to show you how it looks.

Rose-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment