Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fussy Cut Watercolor Winter Christmas Card with More Merry Messages from Stampin' Up!

Hello there My Stamping Friends, I'm keeping up with my December Daily Posting Challenge so today I'm sharing a card I made using the Watercolor Winter and the More Merry Messasges stamp sets from Stampin' Up!
Watercolor Winter Fussy Cut with More Merry Messages by Stampin' Up!
I really enjoyed making this card because it was so fun, simple, quick and gets a big reaction when you give it away.  I started with half a sheet of confetti cream cardstock and stamped several pointsettia's from Watercolor Winter, along the short edge (making sure that you could see the whole flower along the right side of the cardstock). I stamped the outline of the pointsettia in cherry cobbler and the inside of the petals in real red. Once those were stamped I grabbed my snips and cut along the outside edge of the pointsettias (hence the name 'fussy cutting').

Watercolor Winter Fussy Cut with More Merry Messages by Stampin' Up! inside view
Next I chose a sentiment from More Merry Messages and stamped that in the 'center' of the front of the card. Once the sentiment was stamped I could stamp the rest of the pointsettias to frame the sentiment. Next I used gumball green and old olive to stamp the pine branches just on the edge of the inside of the card so you could still see it when the card was closed.

The cutting is what took the most time and I'd say that took less than a minute. The whole card took probably 5 minutes and I really like how it came out. So, what do you think? Leave some love in the comment section of my blog. I can't tell you how you all brighten my day by leaving such nice notes.

Have a super fantastic day,
Rose-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment