Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Musical Note cards for Teacher Apprecation Week using Stampin' Up! Music Notes Wheel

It was Teacher Appreciation Week in our area last week and that is our time to show all our teachers a little extra love. My daughter Samantha plays the clarinet, so I wanted to make sure that her music teacher was included on the list of teachers that received our Teacher Appreciation gifts. Since I know a lot of teachers, I know that they write a LOT of Thank You notes at the end of the school year so I thought I would make them some Stampin' Up! thank you notes. One of my other daughters, Jordan, takes piano lessons and when she saw me making the musical note cards  (get it, musical note....note cards....sometimes I crack myself up!!) and asked if I could make her a card to write out to her piano teacher. I'll share more of the teacher gifts over the next few posts but today I wanted to share the cards I made for the music teachers.


I'm having Samantha deliver the note cards to her clarinet teacher so unfortunatly I'll miss her reaction, but I was there when Jordan handed over her card to her piano teacher. She wrote him a note about how much she loved piano and how happy she was that HE was her teacher. It was very sweet; misspellings and all. And then, he raised himself up ANOTHER notch in her eyes. He actually sat down at the piano and played the music, or at least the parts he could see, from the front of the card and it sounded beautiful. I wish you could have been here (well, not really cause it would have been a packed room and my house isn't that big, but you know what I mean).

This is where I give KUDOS to Stampin' Up! They went out of their way to make sure that the Music Notes wheel had ACTUAL music on it. Imagine how embarrassing it could have been to have the teacher sit down and try to play some random notes that were just put there for 'looks'. I'm so impressed that once again Stampin' Up! is proving to be such a wonderful company.

For this project I used:
Crumb Cake cardstock
Very Vanilla cardstock
Crumb Cake ink
Chocolate Chip ink
Music Notes wheel
Sentiment Stamp from a retired set called Just A Note
circle punch
sponge (for an aged look)
3-1/4 x 3-1/4 mini envelopes
Big Shot
Top Note Die
Hand-Penned Holidays from the 2011-2012 Holiday Mini

I hope you enjoy the cards and feel free to leave a comment. I LOVE reading them. They really make my day.

Have a wonderful creative day!
Rose-Ellen

1 comment: