Thursday, September 22, 2011

Using Autumn Splendor & Hand-Penned Holidays to 'Give Thanks' with Stampin' Up!

Good Morning My Stamping Friends,  Since today is officially the first day of Autumn I wanted to share an Autumn card I made for a swap. The swap doesn't happen until Saturday so if you're one of the swappers, just close your eyes. For this card I used Stampin' Up!'s Autumn Splendor from the current Idea Book and Catalog and Hand-Penned Holidays from the current Holiday Mini.

I started with
 a soft suede card stock base and used the three different leaves from Autumn Splendor & the rock and roll technique (with pumpkin pie and soft suede ink) to create the background. Next I took a piece of Confetti Cream card stock and put a 1/2 inch border on using my INCREDIBLY AMAZING NEW SIMPLY SCORED scoring tool (this is very quickly moving up the list of my favorite tools!). You have GOT to see this tool in person, just awesome! Anyway, After I  made the score-line-border I stamped Give Thanks (from Hand-Penned Holidays) in soft suede in the center of the confetti cream and sponged the edges with some pumpkin pie and soft suede inks. I punched the edges with the Ticket Corner punch and wrapped some Early Espresso Baker's Twine and used dimensionals to attach the confetti cream to the soft suede base. On another piece of confetti cream card stock I stamped the acorns, sponged them with a little pumpkin pie and used a blender pen and soft suede ink to put on some shadow. I cut them out and attached them with dimensionals.

This could be one of my favorite cards lately. This is a special season, especially for my family personally since we have so so so much to be thankful for, and it is a wonderful reminder to just Give Thanks for every minute you have with your loved ones.

Have a wonderful weekend and take a moment to Give Thanks,
Rose-Ellen

@REEastman
StampingWithRose-Ellen@cox.net
www.RoseEllenEastman.StampinUp.net
www.MyStampingFriends.blogspot.com

For this project I used:
Hand-Penned Holidays
Autumn Splendor
Simply Scored Scoring tool
Ticket Corner Punch
Baker's Twine
sponges
blender pen
Confetti Cream & Soft Suede card stock
Pumpkin Pie and Soft Suede ink

No comments:

Post a Comment