Friday, March 5, 2010

Green and Neutral Challenge

Good Morning My Stamping Friends, I hope you are enjoying a bright sunny Friday like I am. The sun is shining and while it is pretty cold outside, I'm sitting in a stream of sunshine pretending its Spring.

Anyway, I heard from my friend Robin this morning about a Bloggers Challenge. The challenge this week was to create a project using greens and neutrals. I don't normally participate in these kinds of challenges but since I'm a blogger now, and yesterday I serendipitiously made a card that fit the challenge, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I made this card for my brother's first wedding anniversary that is coming up in a few days. They got married in a gorgeous setting and the color they choose for the dresses, decorations, cake, etc.was a glorious shade of green (yes we are Irish). I can tell you about the card because I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog yet so I think I'm safe.

Here is my card and part of the envelope (you can't have a handmade card in a plain envelope!). Kevin, if you're reading this, stop now - until the card arrives in the mail!).



I used glorious green as my base and for the front layer I used some Bride DSP. I ran it through my Big Shot using the Movers and Shapers die with the heart shaper from the Punch Window Set. I ran it through the Big Shot twice, moving the magnetic heart shaper a little bit on the second run through. I sponged and attached the two Bride heart cut-outs back into place (which really stuck them onto the inside of the card). I also used the Modern Label Punch and the coordinating Modern Label die to cut out and frame the sentiment. Teeny Tiny Wishes is my go-to stamp set for all my sentiments lately and that is where I got 'Happy Anniversary'. I just love that the stamp set covers so many holidays. I used some white taffeta ribbon behind the sentiment which I popped up with domentionals.

For the envelope I used a retired so swirly wheel and I used the Lovely Letters Alphabet for the first initial of thier last name. Of course I coordinated the colors to the card, and used my glorious green Stampin' Write Marker to finish addressing the card.



If you'd like to get any of the supplies to make this card at home, just contact me or log into my Stampin' Up! website to place the order yourself 24/7.
Hope you like my card and feel free to leave a comment. It would make my day.

Enjoy your weekend.

Rose-Ellen
P.S. Check out Robin's challenge card here.

No comments:

Post a Comment