WAHOO!! It’s time for the next Regional Gathering in Northern Virginia and I’m super excited to announce all the details.
What: My Stamping Friends Northern Virginia Regional Gathering #NoVaStampingFriends #MyStampingFriends #StampinUp
Where: The Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department in Dunn Loring, Virginia 22027
When: Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 9am to 3pm
Who: Registration is opening to everyone on Monday, July 25, 2016 and closes Wednesday, August 17, 2016 or when we fill up.
Why: I want to share what I love with YOU, My Stamping Friends.
Event: Let's get together to have some FUN!! We'll see new holiday product from the new upcoming catalog, learn new things, have some main stage demonstrations, win prizes, stamp cards and projects, swap cards for fresh ideas, check out the display areas and catch up with all our stamping friends....all done Stampin' Up! style. You won't want to miss this gathering. Make sure you bring your notebook, a pen and your camera so you can remember all the fun things we are going to share.
Location: We will be meeting in the Community Hall of the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department located at 2148 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring, VA 22043
Parking: There is plenty of free parking behind the fire station. Enter through the large double doors in the rear of the building.
8:15 am – Doors Open, Check-In, Name Tag & Welcome Bag pick up begins. Pick your seat, mingle & swap cards (general swaps or organized swaps-see below)
9:00 am – Event begins so grab your seats
12:00 noon– (approximate time) Lunch is included in your registration fee and lunch choices will be available on your registration form.
3:00 pm– (approximate time) The program ends, so now is the time to finish taking photos around the room, gather your things and say good-bye (sniffle, sniffle)
3:30 pm – the doors close and lock for clean up time
The doors will open at 8:15am and this is the perfect time for optional swapping. This is an opportunity to meet new people, chat with other attendees and get some wonderful samples to take back home. You are welcome to do general swapping or organized swapping. If you are going to organize a swap and would like me to publish the info for the rest of the group, just let me know. Please remember the main rule of swapping which is to only use current Stampin’ Up! products on your swap.
REGISTRATION OPENS to all Stamping Friends on Monday, July 25, 2016 the registration form will be available online right here https://goo.gl/forms/
If you have problems accessing the registration form, please email StampingWithRose-Ellen@cox
REGISTRATION CLOSES for everyone on Wednesday, August 17, 2016 or when the event is full, so get your registration forms to me as soon as possible but definitely by the end of the day on August 17, 2016.
As registration gets close to filling up, I will send out notifications. If registration fills up before the August 17th date, I will start a waiting list. If more seats become available or if someone is interested in transferring their ticket I can contact the people on the waiting list to see if they are still interested in attending.
When the doors open you will be able to pick up your name tag and goodie bag and there will be a basket at the check in desk for you to drop in your donated card for the card contest (more info on the card contest below) and for the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Share the Fun:
We love to Share The Fun and we hope you will to. Grab your team, your friends, family and your stamping friends and bring them along for the fun. You can share with them in several ways, and you can SHARE IT NOW.
• From the Facebook Event Page click on INVITE under the top photo and then CHOOSE FRIENDS and type in your Facebook Friends name and click the button to invite them.
• Or from the INVITE tab, you can click SHARE and post the event to your facbook newsfeed.
• If your friends aren’t on Facebook you can have them contact me with their email address and I can send them the info or you can paste the info into an email and send it to them and encourage them to join you.
• When you’re posting anything about this event on your social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Blogs, etc) please include the following hashtag #NoVaStampingFriends to spread the word and get friends to start a conversation about the event. You can use this when you’re posting a comment on your page, a caption on each of your photos that you post - including photos of the cards you’re bringing to swap or for the display boards. There is also going to be a group photo album on Facebook where you can upload your photos and see the event photos that other people upload.
Card Contest and Display Boards:
We are going to have a card contest with several winners. If you want to enter the card contest and show off your work, please bring in some full size cards in a clear envelope with your name and contact information on a post it note. Please do not put your personal information on the cards as they will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. You can drop your submissions in the basket on the registration desk at the front door. They will be hung on the display boards for everyone to admire and photograph. At the end of the day the winners will be announced and prizes will be given. The cards on the display boards could be used for displays at future events and will get donated to the Ronald McDonald House.
The registration form will have all the information about lunch. Attendees will have lunch options available to choose from when they register. There will be water and lemonade available to attendees and there are soda vending machines on site.
What to Bring:
• A notebook and pen
• A camera for photos of main stage presentations, display boards, photos with your friends, etc. You KNOW you’ll want to post photos of this event. And don’t forget to caption them with #NoVaStampingFriends
• Bring snail and scissors for your Make and Takes. When we get closer to the event I will post a list of what supplies we will be using and you can feel free to bring yours and use them at your table to avoid lines. We WILL have everything you need available (except snail) , but this could help your make and takes go quicker. We’ll provide everything else.
• Bring some card samples for the display board
• Bring your swap cards (optional)
• Please remember to label everything you bring so your items won’t get misplaced.
• We cannot really control the temperature in the venue so please dress in layers for your own comfort level
Miscellaneous Event Notes:
• You must be 18 to attend.
• You must be present to collect any prizes.
• Still photos are encouraged and please remember to include #NoVaStampingFriends and #MyStampingFriends when posting on any of your social media sites, and remember to make that post 'public' if you'd like any of your non-facebook friends to see how much fun you're having.
What does Registration include?
• Attendance at the event
• A welcome bag with surprise goodies
• Main Stage presentations by guest demonstrators
• Clean and Simple to WOW projects
• Business ideas
• Products Tips & Tricks
• Opportunity for swapping
• Display Boards for inspiration
• Projects using supplies from the new Occasions Catalog as well from the Annual Catalog.
• Make & Takes and of course some
• FUN, FUN, FUN
July 25, 2016-REGISTRATION OPENS for everyone. The registration form will be available online right here https://goo.gl/forms/
August 17, 2016 (or when event is full) - REGISTRATION CLOSES so get your registration form and payment to me ASAP and definitely by the end of the day.
If you want to mail a check, and need my mailing address, please contact me.