You’re invited to join us for the third
‘My Stamping Friends’ Regional Gathering
WAHOO!! It’s time for the next Regional Gathering in Northern Virginia and
I’m super excited to announce all the details.
What: My Stamping Friends Northern Virginia Regional Gathering
Where: The Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department in Dunn Loring, Virginia
When: Saturday, February 7, 2015 from 9am to 3pmWho: Registration is opening to everyone on Saturday, January 10, 2015
Why: I want to share what I love with YOU, My Stamping Friends. This includes products from the new Occasions Catalog, the Sale-a-Bration catalog and lots of tid-bits that Michelle Suit and I pick up at the Annual Stampin’ Up! Leadership Convention this January.
Event: This is a ‘Stampin’ Up! Style’ Regional Event. I hope that gives you an idea of what standards we are shooting for. We want to help you enjoy a wonderful day full of meeting new friends, stamping, learning, sharing, swapping, laughing, eating and more stamping. We are planning lots of fun things for everyone, including but not limited to Main Stage Demonstrator presentations, showing new products from the brand new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Catalog, WOW projects, business ideas, Make & Takes, display boards, fresh ideas, a few surprises ... and more. We are also going to bring back lots of samples and ideas from the Annual Stampin’ Up! Leadership Convention in Orlando, FL this January. You won’t want to miss this event. Make sure you bring your notebook, a pen and your camera so you can remember all the fun things we are going to share.
Location: We will be meeting in the Community Hall of the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department located at 2148 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring, VA 22043
Parking: There is plenty of free parking behind the fire station. Enter through the large double doors in the rear of the building.
8:15 am – Doors Open, Name Tag and Welcome Bag pick up begins. Pick your seat, mingle and swap (general swaps or organized swaps)
9:00 am – Event begins so grab your seats
12:00 noon– (approximate time) Lunch is included in your registration fee and lunch choices will be available on your registration form.
3:00 pm– The program ends so now is the time to finish taking photos around the room, gather your things and say good-bye (sniffle, sniffle)
3:30 pm – the doors close and lock for clean up time
Swapping:The doors will open at 8:15am and this is the perfect time for swapping. This is an opportunity to meet new people, chat with other demos and get some wonderful samples to take back home. You are welcome to do general swapping or organized swapping. If you are going to organize a swap and would like me to publish the info for the rest of the group, just let me know. Please remember the main rule of only using Stampin’ Up! products and not using retired products on your swap.
Registration:REGISTRATION OPENS to all Stamping Friends on Saturday, January 10, 2015 the registration form will be available online at www.dlvfrd.org/My-Stamping-Friends
If you have problems accessing the registration form, please email StampingWithRose-Ellen@cox.net and I can email you a form.
REGISTRATION CLOSES for everyone on Sunday, January 25, 2015 so get your registration forms to me by the end of the day.
If registration fills up I will start a waiting list. If more seats become available or if someone is interested in transferring their ticket I can contact the people on the waiting list to see if they are still interested in attending.
When the doors open you will be able to pick up your name tag and goodie bag and there will be a basket at the check in desk for you to drop in your donated card for the card contest (more info on the card contest below) and for the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Share the Fun:We love to Share The Fun and we hope you will to. Grab your team, your friends and family and your stamping friends and bring them along for the fun. You can share with them in several ways.
· From the Facebook Event Page click on INVITE under the top photo and type in your Facebook Friends name and click the button to invite them.
· If your friends aren’t on Facebook you can forward them the link to the information page and registration form and encourage them to join you.
· When you’re posting anything about this event on your social media (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, etc) include the following hashtag #NoVaStampingFriends to spread the word and get friends to join you. You can use this when you’re posting a comment on your page, a caption on each of your photos that you post - including photos of the cards you’re bringing to swap or for the display boards.
Card Contest and Display Boards:We are going to have a card contest with several winners. If you want to enter the card contest and show off your work, please bring in some full size cards in a clear envelope with your name and contact information on a post it note. Please do not put your personal information on the cards that will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. You can drop your submissions in the basket on the registration desk at the front door. They will be hung on the display boards for everyone to admire and photograph. At the end of the day the winners will be announced and prizes will be given. The cards on the display boards could be used for future events and will get donated to the Ronald McDonald House.
Lunch:The registration form will have all the information about lunch. Attendees will have several lunch options available to them when they register. There will be water and lemonade available to attendees and there are soda vending machines on site.
What to Bring:
· A notebook and pen
· A camera for photos of main stage presentations, display boards, photos with your friends, etc. You KNOW you’ll want to post photos of this event. And don’t forget to caption them with #NoVaStampingFriends
· Bring snail and scissors for your Make and Takes, we’ll provide everything else.
· Bring some card samples for the display board
· Bring your swap cards (optional)
· Please remember to label everything you bring so your items won’t get misplaced.
· We cannot really control the temperature in the venue so please dress in layers for your own comfort level
Miscellaneous Event Notes:
· You must be 18 to attend.
· You must be present to collect any prizes.
· Still photos are encouraged but taking videos is prohibited.
What does Registration include?
· Attendance at the event
· A welcome bag with surprise goodies
· Main Stage presentations by guest demonstrators
· Clean and Simple to WOW projects
· Business ideas
· Opportunity for swapping
· Display Boards for inspiration
· Projects using supplies from the new Occasions Catalog as well as products from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog.
· Make & Takes and of course some
· FUN, FUN, FUN
January 10, 2015 - REGISTRATION opens for everyone for $65 (plus $2 if paying by Paypal)
January 25, 2015 - REGISTRATION CLOSES so get your registration form and payment to me in by the end of the day.
Please include $2 paying by Paypal. If you want to mail a check, please contact me for the mailing address.
There are several hotels in the Tysons Corner area if you were interested in spending Friday night or Saturday night to extend the fun.You can also check out these things to do in the area: