Thursday, February 6, 2014

Stampin' Up! Scrapbook Layout in honor of the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia

Greetings my Stamping Friends,

Do you know what today is?? Today we get to watch the opening ceremonies of the 2014 Olympics and I can't wait.  Well, I can wait, because I HAVE to, but I'm pretty excited about the Olympics. So, today I'm spending time in my studio, putting the finishing touches on a 2 page scrapbook spread that I created about two weeks ago for the Scrapbook Class that I teach to 7th and 8th graders at my local middle school. I love sharing what I love, and I love the tools and supplies from Stampin' Up! so its very easy to share with these great kids.



Scrapbook Layout using Stampin' Up! paper and punches
Olympic Rings made with circle punches, and Olympic Torch made with three different paper punches
(Mosaic punch, Word Window punch and the Bird Builder punch)
#Olympics #Olympics2014 #Sochi2014 #USA #NBCOlympics

Isn't it cute?  Now my girls aren't Olympians, but I plan to put photos of them playing in the snow over the past few weeks. You can also use this layout for photos from swim meets, karate belt testing, sledding, ski trips, basketball, Girls on the Run, school chess club, or really anything that you want to put in there to remember what you were up to while the 2014 Olympics were going on. I plan on using the long narrow strip on the left of the USA page for some journaling about what's going on in the photos and of course I'll put the date on that. I always write in my own handwriting on my scrapbook pages. Is not that I think I have the best handwriting, far from it, but I still have some birthday card from my Grandma who passed away 11 years ago last week, and I really treasure reading thing in her handwriting. It's a wonderful and tangible momento of her. Miss you and Love you Grandma!

Here is a close up of the USA page. The Olympic Rings were made with two circle punches. When you do it, make sure to punch the small circle first and then punch the larger circle around the smaller one to make sure its centered.

Scrapbook Layout using Stampin' Up! paper and punches
#USA page features Olympic Rings made with circle punches
#Olympics #Olympics2014 #Sochi2014 #USA #NBCOlympics

And here is one of the Sochi page. The Olympic torch was made with the word window punch, the mosaic punch with a bite taken out of it with an oval punch and the Bird Builder punch (the tail of the bird, just trim the bird head off) for the flames.  The letters for both pages were from a retired alphabet set called Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlets and were cut out on my Big Shot.
Scrapbook Layout using Stampin' Up! paper and punches
SOCHI page features Olympic Torch made with three different paper punches
(Mosaic punch, Word Window punch and the Bird Builder punch)
#Olympics #Olympics2014 #Sochi2014 #USA #NBCOlympics
What do you think? Feel free to leave a comment here or find me on Facebook, ( www.facebook.com/StampinUpWithRoseEllen ) like my page and leave a comment there, to stay up on all the latest scoop on Stampin' Up! along with photos of my projects and information on the latest sales and promotions.

Have a fabulous day my Stamping Friends,
Rose-Ellen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment