Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thinking of You layout challenge with Stampin' Up!'s Secret Garden and Print Poetry DSP stack

Hello there My Stamping Friends!! I was in a bit of a stamping slump the other day and it seemed like nothing I made was 'working' for me. I guess my mind was less on stamping and more on my almost-done stamp space. So, I gave up went to facebook to see what my friends were up to and the first post I saw was from SUDSOL and it was a layout challenge. That was as good a place as any to start so I went back to my desk and used that layout challenge and ended up a card that looked like ......

Its my floral Thinking Of You card. I know you can't see how glittery and shimmery it is in this photo so I tried to take a side view photo so you can get an idea.

What do you think? Its not 100% my style per se, but I do really like it and it got me out of my stamping slump. And with the card done I could get to work on cleaning, moving, reorganizing my stamping space.  If I hadn't mentioned, I'm taking over our 12x25 basement as my stamping area. I'm sooooo excited about it and even though today it still looks like a wreck I know that we'll be having stamp club in there THIS WEEKEND so I've got to get some serious work done. My work desk has been installed. I have a station for my Big Shots (just need to get some shelves for all my dies) and my Stampin' Score tools, and a cutting station for when I'm prepping for my bigger events (speaking of which, the next Crop Weekend at the Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire Department is February 22 & 23. The registration form and list of optional classes are posted on the website www.dlvfrd.org  and the date for my Open House will be posted soon). In my new space I have room for tables and chairs for my stamping friends, but I have to go pick them out and purchase them. Yikes, so much more to do.

Anyway, enough about that. For this project I used, the Print Poetry Designer Series Paper stack, Secret Garden, circle punch, blender pen, midnight muse ink, basic pearls, a retired eyelet border punch, shimmer paint and stampin' spritzer,

Have you been in a stamping slump before? How did you get out of it?

Rose-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment