Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stampin' Up! Beehive using Honeycomb embossing folder and Collage Curios

Greetings My Stamping Friends, I'm just buzzin' by to share with you my version of one of my favorite cards from  the 2013 Stampin' Up! Leadership conference. I saw the card standing on a table by the display boards and I wish I could share with you the name of the original creator but I wasn't able to see the back of the card. If you made the original let me know and I'll give you credit here. 


Isn't this a fantastic idea?!?!  I started with a summer starfruit card base and a very vanilla layer. I cut a piece of chocolate chip with the framelits ovals collection and then ran it through the Big Shot using the Honeycomb embossing folder. After I punched a hole for the bee I stamped the bee in the opening and stamped a few more around the vanilla layer. Next I attached the beehive and ran some retired hemp twine (hopefully when done with my stamp room makeover I can find my linen thread) around my vanilla layer. I ran my silver soda pop top through the Big Shot to flatten it a bit and added a layer of summer starfruit and a 'Be Mine' sentiment. 

What do you think? Leave a comment and let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment